Frequently Asked Questions
What makes SW Mobile Math Tutors different from the rest?
- Tutors are passionate and cater to the individual needs of students. We assist students with becoming independent learners so they retain material and score better on assessments. All tutors are certified educators who have experience remediating and preparing students for various tests.
What are the requirements for each tutorial session?
- Students are required to bring their math notebooks as well as any assignments given by their teacher. If students do not keep great notebooks, they will have an opportunity to learn how to keep a great math notebook. Note-taking is an essential part of the process. Notebooks are a mandatory requirement for all sessions. Tutors will have learning resources and other tools needed for the session.
Where will tutorials take place?
- At this time, most tutorials will take place online.
Do you supply any learning materials for the tutoring lessons?
- Yes. We provide most learning materials needed to supplement your student's needs. However, it is highly recommended that your student brings any books, notes, quizzes, exams, and any other related resources for the tutorial sessions.
What are your tutors' qualifications?
- All SW Mobile Math tutors are nationally or locally certified to teach mathematics, and acquainted with the new Common Core curriculum. All tutors are experienced high school or college mathematics educators.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Things happen in life and this world of ever-changing after school activities. Any cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance will receive a full refund. Any cancellations made within a 24-hour period of a tutoring session will result in a charge for 50% of the service.
- If late to the session, the session cannot be extended. Sessions are booked between specific time slots.
What is the no-show policy?
- No-show appointments will not receive a refund. Additionally, clients that do not communicate prior to their no-show may not be able to book future appointments with SW Mobile Math Tutors.
Do you conduct group sessions?
- Yes, we conduct group sessions. Although the one-on-one approach is encouraged, group sessions may be arranged.
How is payment received?
- Credit cards are accepted. Payment is received via Paypal and Stripe.
- If a session is cancelled 24 hours in advance, clients will receive a full refund. Cancellations made under 24 hours will result in a 50% of service charge. Clients will be refunded the difference.
How do I book a mobile tutorial session?
- Please visit the home page and click on 'BOOK A MATH TUTORIAL SESSION'. Leave all the requested information and we will contact you to confirm an appointment for our complimentary consultation and assessment. Please have all relevant assignments, progress reports, notebooks, and testing results available at this meeting. This information will help tailor a very specific plan to suit your student's needs.